Monday 26 October 2009

A Coroner's Misnomer

Fringe was awesome in case you were wondering. That was a massive post though.

Ended up axing the Falafel-Waffle party, I was all very much Edward Scissorhands about the thing as it was. I did though have a nice Saturday. I met the lovely Babette for Afternoon Tea in
Belgravia at Baker & Spice, where I had a delicious chocolate fudge cake with a very delicious cup of coffee, Babette had the almond cake with their generous heavy on the cream ( read as, how many cows must they have in the back?) hot chocolate. Check out their cake range for yourself.

I rushed home and had one of my few Fulham friends, Chris, come over for late afternoon tea. He was a spot on dude and brought over some M&S goodies, he knows all about my gluttonous side and how much chocolate biscuits that are decorated as holiday penguins would entertain it. We watched a bit of the Family Guy spin off, The Cleveland Show.

I don't know if you have seen it or not, especially since it does not make its UK premier for sometime ( I think next year...), but it is fragrantly produced off the back of inappropriate racial and ethnic humour that has made Family Guy amusing. Although despite the Family Guy-like flashbacks and general inappropriateness, I can't help but feel that there is some element that is not quite right about the show. I will probably continue watching it as an extension of Family Guy but I definitely can't say that the show has shown itself as becoming a distinct entity like American Dad.

After I sent Chris on his way, Stu and Jackie came over to offer relief for my fat laden fridge contents. We ate and watched From Hell (2001), which I actually have seen before but was not opposed to giving it another whirl... they certainly took A LOT of artistic license in that film, my Jack-the-Ripper aficionado friend Rennie would have been very disappointed.

Overall, not a bad way to spend the weekend...if you don't count the pounding my legs took when I tried the Body Pump class at the gym on Sunday. Man I feel more tenderised than if I was rolled out on the road by the Oscar-Mayer weinermobile:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/297899/1_61_062807_Weinermobile.jpg






No comments:

Post a Comment